Tuesday, November 11, 2008

You don't get days like these often!

I had the day off for Veteran's Day. Thanks to all those who have served including my father. I got up this morning and Shelby and I wandered the house, visited with Smore (the bunny) and watched Dora for awhile. I felt my brain going to mush when Shelby leaned over kissed me and said "Mommy, can we go shoppin today?" So seriously, what was I supposed to do? So I called my mom, because everyone needs Mom time every once in a while and we set out for a girls day of shopping. We stopped for lunch, Shelby picked out dresses. She has a habit of picking the frilly dresses! It was nice to hear Shelby singing to Nana in the back and Nana singing to Shelby. Granted poor Nana had to sing songs on demand and sing them correctly or Shelby quite quickly informed her she wasn't doing it right! I'm posting the picture of the dress Shelby felt the need to wear today. A little dressy considering Mommy just threw on jeans for the occasion. God love her, she just isn't my wash and wear son! Cole's just not as high maintenance about his "look".


No comments: