Thursday, November 20, 2008

Thankful Thursday

This week has been a particularly stressful week at work for several of us. We have been bogged down in stressful situations upset people and often have looked at things that have had few good solutions. What I have noticed is that sometimes when the worst comes, you see the best in people and I can say that I truly am surrounded by people that are true heroes. So today I am thankful for those that I see everyday who put children and families lives often before their own. Police, firemen, military, child protection workers, doctors, nurses, teachers and many others walk out their door everyday to make sure that someone else's life is better. I am thankful in my life to be surrounded by these people everyday and I can watch the truly amazing work they do. So many times little acts of amazingness go by un noticed by most, but they mean the world to one. So thank you to all those whose lives and jobs are there for serving others. What you do today may not change the world, but if it only changes one, it was enough.

Because sometimes we all need a little help whether we want it or not!

No comments: