Saturday, November 8, 2008

The Nocturnal Beast

Did you ever do the wrong thing for the right reason? Well, we do it around here daily. Shelby's school had adorable bunnies recently. The product of a relationship between Mocha (daddy) and Marshmallow (mommy). Shelby has been petting Mocha, who lives outside her classroom door for several months now and she adores Mocha. SOOOO.... I casually asked where the bunnies were going one day and low and behold.... Shelby wanted one. So we now have Smore. Cute little thing. Brought it home in a box, paid ungodly amounts for cage, food, bedding, litter box and loved on Smore lots. Never having had an in house bunny, I really should have read the instruction manual before Smore arrived. Apparently Smore eats and drinks more than any animal known to man. I think it eats more than the 4 of us combined! It also expels every bit of what it eats! Smore also appears to be nocturnal. I was unaware of this until the last week that if I don't get to bed before Smore, who is naturally in our nursery next to our room, I don't sleep. Smore enjoys bouncing, chewing and beating things around the cage beginning right around midnight and ending around 5 am. After having 2 children that didn't sleep through the night for years at a time, I'm not real excited about having an animal that requires night time entertainment. Joy (family dog) has expressed an interest in helping provide entertainment for Smore and by tomorrow I may just consider that option! Momma needs sleep. Looks beastly huh?

No comments: