Saturday, January 1, 2011

Welcome to 2011! It's a BRAND NEW YEAR!


It's no secret to those that know me that 2010 was truly not the year I expected.
 It turned our lives upside down and inside out.
I have spent lots of time going through the grief process of loss
wondering
thinking
wishing
praying
not knowing who I was, what I was or where to go from here.

I have realized ....
I am a mom
who loves her children with everything there is.
A wife
who is blessed with the most amazing husband who loves me completely
A daughter
to wonderful parents who give freely of themselves
A friend,
loyal to the end no matter what happens, I am a loyalist to a fault
and in the end
I am and will always be a child's advocate.
It is who I am and what moves me to the core of my being.

So in 2011, I am done..
Waiting for it to be safe to use my voice to the betterment of children in need.
I am done
Hiding because I am nervous about what others will think
I am done
Not telling the truth about reality to those that need to hear the truth spoken.
I am done
Thinking that I can no longer contribute.
I will no longer be scared into silence when the truth needs to be heard.

2011 will be a year of celebration that I can spend time with my family,
time I have never allowed myself before,
A year of exploration of interests and talents.
A year of learning and searching for where God wants and needs me to be.
A year of listening, to God, my heart, my family, and friends.
A year of growing, in love, spirituality, knowledge and strength.

I only have one life.
I want one to be enough.
Happy New Year.

No comments: