Tuesday, January 4, 2011

I struggle....

I had such a wonderful day.

I dropped my baby girl off with her Papaw and went with my Mom to IKEA.
It's like the ultimate toy store for overachieving organizers.
Two hours of wandering the showroom...
New kitchens... everything has a place
form and function meet beautifully.
Women go around with stainless steel cleaner.
No smudge prints..
WHITE COTTON COUCHES.

Photo - IKEA Catalog

Photo - IKEA - Drool Marks - Me
THEN

I return home.
Did I mention the black dog?
She's been lying all over our bed because
 she's learned to sneak around and open doors.

She sheds = no white couches for me.

So today, I purchased organizational equipment..
I am not sure it is going to begin to make a dent.

Note the old Christmas photos, along with pom poms. Clearly these items belong together. NOT!

However, it does occur to me that I have a few things IKEA will never have
and
they are worth more than a white cotton couch


I have a princess in training. OK - she's training us.
 
A dog, who is the last one up in the morning and the first in bed at night.
 At least she never runs away!

A husband who now knows I really will post his pic with a New Year's hat!

and Perry the Platypus that goes everywhere with us!

I'll live with a little disorganization for a few more years. This is more fun.
Until then, I'll be drooling over the IKEA catalog! 


2 comments:

lorabelle said...

Okay, I confess! I opened the catalog and found a few things that I might not be able to live without... They give you car racks if you purchase items that won't fit? That makes me giggle! Your princess is well worth the clutter and she's so stinkin cute! Just think, it won't be too much longer and she'll be begging to go along and pick out her own... Now that, that makes me a little bit teary...sniff sniff!
Love you~

chittumb said...

I love IKEA. I went there right before the new year and bought an entertainment center with lots of shelves and drawers so that my organization OCD can have a happy place.