Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Good Morning Sunshine...

 Cole was born, almost 11 years ago
GASP 11 years!
For 11 years that child has started EVERY day with a smile on his face.
He is almost always the first one up in the morning.
Even on weekends.
He bounces down the stairs
comes in smiling to our room to cuddle
He is our blessed child who asks
What are we going to do today?
He got an alarm clock and LOVES to set it so he can get up early.
I actually had to make him set it for 6am instead of 5 am!


Love that sweet smile. He melts my heart when he smiles.
Six years after Cole came
Shelby
um yeah
girlfriend isn't so much the morning bit O sunshine
She'd sleep till noon if we let her
and when her feet hit the floor in the morning,
you can guarantee there is something that isn't right in her world.
Even Christmas morning she rolled over and said Santa's been here
the presents will be there when I get up.
She doesn't WANT an alarm clock
and SERIOUSLY HATES her brother's!

She's so beautiful when she sleeps.

Then there's Joy
Joy is now the first one to go bed
She sleeps on Cole's couch under his bunk.
She's usually the last one up
Some days it's a tie between her and Shelby.
however, Joy spends her day in a perpetual nap.

This is Joy trying to blend in, hoping I don't see her.

I tell you that to tell you the current problem in our home.
Troy.
Troy is NOT a morning person, he never has been
the problem is he is trying to be a morning person.
and he is trying with this. (see pic below)


Yes, it sounds just like it looks.
LOUD and obnoxious.
and in order to motivate him, he puts it on the other side of the room.
Now this is a man who usually hits snooze for over an hour.
Now, it goes off, I scream, he goes hits snooze and
GETS BACK IN BED.
Seriously?
So now we have Cole's Spongebob Clock that sounds like a ship has docked in our house.
Troy's rooster crowing at 5 am, 5:15, 5:30, 5:45 and 6:00
I used to be a morning person,
I'm over it now.

So we have yet another 2 hr delay today and I have been up since 5:30,
I think I'll just enjoy my peace and quiet with Coleman
before the two smallest Hoffman's get up!
Good Morning!

No comments: