Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Couch

Being that this is the first summer I have had two children home most days, minus the days that my mother takes the two precious ones for a few hours, we learned some new things in our home. First let me explain that we do not lack for couch space in our home. We have a living and family room each with couch, chair and love seat. The Family Room will seat 6-8 adults. I know this and I have seen it occur. When we have had 6-8 adults in this room, I have never heard them scream, or anyone get thrown off the couch. I have also never seen 2  adults fight over the end of the couch like it was the last seat in the kingdom and they had been walking the trail of tears. However, guaranteed within 5 minutes of my children awakening and staggering down the stairs and flipping the TV to hideous cartoons (what happened to Smurfs?) the fighting begins over who had the end of the couch first. By yesterday, even the dog wanted the end of the couch. So, in a stroke of genius parenting, I BANNED the last seat of the couch. I can truly tell you I NEVER thought that would sound reasonable until yesterday. So I am enclosing a picture, taken by Troy of desperate children resorting to desperate measures. I suppose it's what you call a bonding moment between brother and sister and I should be proud as a parent that I helped to bring it about. I doubt they see it that way.  HAPPY SUMMER!


Yes, she wears sunglasses EVERYWHERE right now and carries her faux fur bag.

No comments: