Thursday, January 22, 2009

Ever wonder what the dog does when you're at work?

I got busy with running out the door this morning. Thursdays are Shelby's days with Nana and Papaw and that means she sits up in bed and immediately says Papaw's gonna make me eggs and bacons. Shelby would by far rather have "eggs and bacons" than "panie cakes". So.. as we have been trying to leave Joy out in the house more rather than in the laundry room, and I couldn't seem to keep up with Shelby as she was running out the door still in her pajamas and dress shoes, I left Joy out. She looked innocent, curled up on the couch in a ball. She had the look of "really, I can do this" She was wrong.
She could not and upon picking Shelby and Cole up tonight, we came home and Shelby discovered the first casualty. Diego was without legs and they were scattered all over the floor. Troy wanted to create prosthetics and little crutches for Diego, but I think he may just have too much damage. Shelby was NOT pleased. After the tears, she went to Joy- shook her finger in Joy's face and told Joy "That was VERY bad Joy." Joy laid down and put her head down, but I think it's more because she knows it's back to the laundry room. We'll bury Diego tomorrow and I suppose invite Dora and Swiper.


No comments: