Thursday, April 14, 2011

The late Chicago Day 2 & 3

Just in case anyone was wondering, we did come back from Chicago. I have just been negligent in posting about it! I was going to skip day 2 and 3 all together, but I reminded myself that I am never going to be a regular scrapbook person, so this is going to serve as our online scrapbook.


Day 2: We went to the Science and Industry Museum, with the rest of Chicago, who were clearly on Spring Break. Troy dropped us on his way to work,  and we stood in line for 40 mins to get tickets. Luckily the place is big enough that we were able to still see everything we wanted without too much of a wait.  Dinner for Day 2 was McCormick and Schmick and we checked out of the Felix, one bed hotel room and into the Hyatt. AMEN for two beds. After two nights of our children sleeping with their feet in our ribs, it was nice to spread out a little! For those of you wondering, our children have become quite accustomed to eating in nice restaurants when we go out of town. So far, they have been exceedingly well mannered with only the slightest bit of threatening. Shelby is quiet anywhere she gets to eat really good food!




It was the closest they were going to get to a beach.
Day 3 - Navy Pier and Chinatown. The original plan was to take a water taxi from Navy Pier to Chinatown, however, we learned after walking several blocks in the cold that the water taxis didn't start until the NEXT day. So we took an exciting taxi ride back to our car and drove to Chinatown. Chinatown was wonderful and we wandered from bakery to bakery buying up all the sweet top buns we could find for my BFF Lora. This was my first time to experience these wonderful things, they are YUMMY! They are now on Troy's shopping list every time he goes back.







I didn't know what everything was, but I am guessin it's all YUMMY!


AWESOME Spring Break 2011.

1 comment:

lorabelle said...

Okay! How did I miss this one? I totally did:(
Thank you SO much for bringing me home sweet top buns! Only a BFF would tromp her family up and down the streets of ChinaTown going into every bakery in sight looking for sweet top buns:) You are the BEST!!! I still have a few hidden in my freezer too. Hopefully they'll hold me over until Troy visits again:)
The kids look like they had a blast in Chicago and you took some awesome pictures Jen. I mean that, you capture things that I over look. You got the smiles, the attractions and alittle bit of history all wrapped up!

I had fun with you today BTW!
Your new boots for BeAutIfuL!