Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Last and the First

We just had to squeeeeze in the last few activities before summer vacation was "officially' over. I had hoped to go to the park, zoo or something fun outside, but it was heat index of over 100. That meant indoor activities. Cole's choice was to play Monopoly, Shelby wanted to cook and play Rock Band.  I wanted to see Toy Story 3, so we caught the movie at 6:30 and ended summer vacation on a high note watching Andy in Toy Story drive away to college. Pretty fitting.  Staying home this summer has been one of the best times of my life. Other than when Shelby was non-verbal, I have never had the opportunity to stay home with my kids and just enjoy them on a daily basis. I am so lucky that I have had this opportunity. Thank you to my wonderful husband for letting me do this. By far, I am probably the worst stay at home mom ever, my house is messier than when I worked, there are projects half finished everywhere, my kids eat candy, chocolate and all kinds of things that I would never think a day care or babysitter would feed them, but wow we have had fun. I have so enjoyed lying around in our pajamas in the morning while daddy goes off to work. I have enjoyed taking the time to listen to my kids talk to each other, ok ok, they argue more than they talk, but sometimes, if you listen closely, you hear the rumblings of what I hope will be brother sister talks for long to come. It's been a good summer. I look forward to what the school year will bring.




That backpack did not go to school that heavy!

Cole, please listen to her, she ran all the way out to meet you at the bus!!!

No comments: