Sunday, February 27, 2011

Couples & Waterfowl

The sign is a wonderful gift, that reminds me daily of my life goal. Thank you my dear friend.

It has been one of the snowiest winters on record. Needless to say, we are desperate for Spring. We've been cooped up sometimes for 3-4 days in a row and at the rate we are going with school closings, Cole will be in school until July with make up days.


Sometimes being locked up together for long periods of time doesn't always bring out the best in us. Dare I say that sometimes we might just get on each other's nerves.


This year, Troy and I will celebrate 17 years of marriage. Almost 19 years as a couple.  In the early years, little things would bother us. My inability to put a cap on the toothpaste or the fact that I chew my straws used to drive him nutty and I used to go crazy about his ability to have our yard in constant states of disrepair.  We have lived through so many REAL rough spots that those sorts of things make us giggle now. We have learned to appreciate each other's finer qualities and truly enjoy each other as friends.



So as I gazed out our window this week, I looked at what would be the first sign of Springs return to the Hoffman house. Our Ducks and Geese.  Every year like clock work we have a set of ducks and a set of Canadian geese that come to roost and hatch their babies. It is truly something we look forward to seeing every year. They are so calming and beautiful. We watch in anticipation until finally little ones appear on the pond in Spring.
I have heard that ducks and geese mate for life.  I don't know how long ducks live... but if it's 17 years......

 I'd hope they would give up the argument about who chews straws and who doesn't.  Hurry up Spring! Troy has a yard to dig up!



1 comment:

lorabelle said...

I really do love that picture of you guys. I think it's my favorite. Can I have a copy? Perhaps I'll try to swipe it from your blog (hmmm:)
Had to giggle when I read the heading of this post because I halfway expected to see you guys sitting infront of one of those old time Olan Mills backdrops with the "Waterfall" in the background! Figured "Waterfowl" might have been a typo! Hee hee hee!!!
I can't wait to see those pictures:)
Glad to hear that in time (17 years) Chris and I might not get on eachothers nerves as much as we do now... You guys truly are an inspiration:)
Chris wants to know if Troy is still planning a Koi pond this Spring. Let us know!:)