Sunday, February 8, 2009

The beginning of the celebration!

My baby turns three.



My baby girl turns three this week. I can't tell you how impossible that feels. It truly seems like yesterday that we were bringing the precious bundle of pink home from the hospital.
In celebration mode, we decided that we would go to afternoon tea today. The Indiana State Museum has re-created the LS Ayres Tea Room in the museum. As a child, I can remember my grandma taking me there once. I am sure I bugged her to death to do it, but it was a very special place for me. Cole and Troy both put on ties and Shelby and I put on our dresses and after going to the top of the Indiana War Memorial and to the Civil War Museum, we went for afternoon tea.

Both Shelby and Cole were perfectly behaved, which let me tell you happens once in a blue moon! Cole even opened my car door! They both drank mint tea. (My grandma's favorite) They both got little presents. It was all I could do not to cry during the entire tea. Next up, Tuesday, the Birthday and next Sunday the Princess Tea Party at home! Stay tuned.....

Here are the pics of the special day out!





No comments: